View Single Post
bpcyclist
Legendary

Member Since Sep 2019
40.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 25, 2019 at 01:27 PM

They used it in my last hospitalization for everything but a broken leg. I mean, they used it for everything. All the time. I actually inquired of one of the nicer RNs whether the Psych. Dept. had some kind of deal going with the manufacturer, because I just could not believe that almost everyone was on that drug.

Including me. Usually on about 200 mg taken at night. It helped me sleep for awhile, but became tolerant to that ultimately and then it didn't seem to be doing a whole lot positive for me. I knew a couple of people who became diabetic on it, which freaked me out. So, when I finally got out, my pdoc was like, this just isn't worth the risk. I'm stopping it. He is not a big Seroquel person because of the metabolic issues. I realize there are a lot of happy Seroquel users on PC, so don't want to irritate anyone. This is just my experience. So, we stopped it and I feel great. Sleep is, of course, dicey, because I am completely naked now (also stopped the Ambien--another story). But I keep to a rigid schedule, I exercise a ton, and for the most part, it seems to work for me.

Hugs from:
*Beth*

Thanks for this!
*Beth*