View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,040 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 25, 2019 at 03:06 PM

Latest update. Yesterday I had a meeting with an occupational psychiatrist at the workers' compensation hospital. He approved continuing the evaluation process. He gave me another 21 days of leave and I have appointments tomorrow with a psychologist and then with a doctor on the 15th. I had to go to my office twice: once to drop off the initial leave extension and one to drop off the new 21-day extension. I was able to get in and out, leave things with the recepcionist and have her stamp a copy as received for my records both times without running into anyone I didn't want to see. I realized that, even though it is an open plan office, if I enter the door by the reception desk, it was relatively easy to not bee seen by my boss, her boss, etc. - unless they were headed to the bathroom or the elevator.

They will be sending a psychologist to my work to talk to people and see how the work environment is. Unfortunately, it sounds like often co-workers are not willing to talk negatively about management in these situations. It's understandable. I mean it is confidential but people may worry that word will somehow get out to our boss that they portrayed her negatively. If they do actually tell the truth, it will help me, since I am far from the only person who has had problems with her. But, I probably shouldn't get my hopes up too much.

Well, unfortunately, I read a few complaints online about the doctor that I am scheduled to see on the 15th; people unhappy with him determining that their mental issues are not related to work, which is what you need determined to continue on leave/in treatment with the workers' compensation insurer. But, I am still going to follow through and try at least. I have to do that. The thing that is causing my stress and anxiety is my work environment. The first doctor I saw definitely agreed with me on that and the guy that evaluated me the other day asked me about other areas in my life causing stress, but there really aren't any, as I told him.
rechu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous48672, bpcyclist