View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default Sep 25, 2019 at 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by possum220 View Post
Fingers crossed that your cat will stay well until the next visit to the vet. Being at the vets means they can give him very strong sedation. If he can be sedated while he is in the cage then it makes it safer for everyone. Including your cat. I am sorry that you are having to go through this.
Very frustrating today I woke up with my cat in some pretty dire straights. His eyes were watering like crazy. Clear liquid. I decided to go to work. Over labor day a similar thing happened and letting him rest seemed to do him wonders. So today I let him sleep all day and I came home and the eyes were much improved.

I can tell he is very congested though. I can hear it in him.

However, the vaccinations are actually known to cause congestion issues for 2 to 3 days after getting them. I believe that viruses get a better grip while the immune system is adjusting to the vaccine. I am in dire straights when I get a tetnus shot for about 2 days.

Of course I am frustrated with the vet... I e-mailed her first thing this morning and haven't heard anything back. How long does it take to say, yeh don't fret probably the vaccine. One again, the vet caused the problem but is no place to be found when I need assistance.

I just gave him some food now and he kind of turned up his nose at it but he ate this morning's food and it seems he is dying to clean himself up so maybe he will do that later.

In my desperation this morning I e-mailed a Euthenasia doctor. Though I don't want to do that... I have heard that some doctors will not perform Euthanasia unless there is something wrong with my cat. ie... a vet agrees. That of course would be impossible if I can't get my cat for a full examination. So I wanted to just know if I can call at any time for them. They said they offered free consultations... no response. My cat is 13 and I have given him a good long life. I think I have decided just not go to back to the vet. There is nothing or my cat there.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Blknblu, possum220