Thread: Hand tremors
View Single Post
unicornlady

Member Since Nov 2014
36 hugs
given
Default Sep 25, 2019 at 09:32 PM

I started having hand tremors a few months ago, just as I started taking Abilify.

Thing is, I was on lithium 1200mg and since lithium is well known for hand tremors, my pdoc is convinced lithium is the culprit.

However, I didn't have any tremors for 5 years taking lithium 1200mg, and then suddenly they started with the Abilify. Also, when my Abilify dose was increased from 20mg to 30mg, the tremors got worse.

I am convinced the Abilify is causing the tremors, not the lithium. Am I crazy? Has anyone had hand tremors on Abilify?

The pdoc has been reducing my lithium and I'm terrified because that is what has kept me relatively stable for 5 years, and the last time I went off it I ended up in the hospital. They put me on lamictal to supplement but I'm not sure if I trust it to do the heavy lifting lithium has done. I have expressed my thinking and my concerns and the pdoc is continuing to decrease lithium anyway.

Lamictal seems to be suppressing the tremors, every time I go up on it the tremors get to be less, and the pdoc is taking reduction in tremors as a sign that lower lithium is helping. However, the timing is off. Tremors got better with lamictal increase, 2 weeks after lithium decrease. If it is the lithium, is a 2 week delay normal? I'm just trying to wrap my head around this. I don't want to go off lithium if I don't absolutely have to.

Can't have hand tremors for work, so dealing with the tremors is not an option.

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, Nammu, Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, Wild Coyote