sophiebunny
Veteran Member

Member Since Jan 2019
77 hugs
given
Default Sep 25, 2019 at 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by franz kafka View Post
I have to get bloodwork done regularly for clozapine, and my last CBC came back with elevated white blood cell count and some other concerning things. My doctor is going to contact a hematologist to see if he needs to do more aggressive testing.

I was nervous at first, but now all I can think of is good riddance to my life. If this turns out to be something serious, oh well. Just let me die.

I'm trying to challenge these thoughts as best as I can, but it's hard.
I was diagnosed with breast cancer 3 years ago. Because of a surgery complication I had a nearly lethal complication. I also had 3 rounds of chemotherapy. My advise, take each step as it comes. If you look at it as one huge crisis it's easy to be crushed by it. It's one test at a time. One Dr.'s appointment at a time. Decisions get made one by one. I was utterly alone going through treatment. I have few friends and no family. However, my psychiatrist looked out for my medical wellbeing and literally did save my life when symptoms of a complication (a knot in my colon) were ignored. You can get through your challenge. Just take it in baby steps.

Keep posting. I'll keep answering.
sophiebunny is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow, fern46

Thanks for this!
BeyondtheRainbow, fern46, Sometimes psychotic