View Single Post
Anonymous35014

Default Sep 27, 2019 at 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Bird View Post
My Xbox 360 is done. It got the red ring of death. I need to upgrade to an xbox One X anyway I guess.
I've had the RRoD before on my Xbox 360, but it didn't permanently die on me. I turned it on like a few days after I got the RRoD and it worked fine again. Have you tried unplugging everything and then plugging it all back in?

Basically, sometimes the Xbox overheats and you get RRoD. It usually has to do with a combination of the heatsink having problems and too much dust. Not sure how much it'd cost to have someone replace the heatsink (It's only a $10 part, though), but yeah... that's often the cause. Or you have to reflow the circuit board, which I suppose isn't an easy thing to do unless you're used to fixing electronics. But sometimes cleaning the dust out can help, and that's a cheap fix.

But in case you don't know, the Xbox One X can't play all Xbox 360 games. For example, Skyrim on the Xbox 360 can't be played on the Xbox One X. You gotta buy the Xbox One X version of Skyrim. It's kinda stupid. But at least the Xbox One X Skyrim is enhanced. 4K, I believe.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Blue_Bird