View Single Post
jaymoq

Member Since Jun 2015
5 hugs
given
Default Sep 27, 2019 at 03:05 PM

A two year divorce was finalized a few months ago. During the divorce all major assets were frozen and I couldn’t sell anything. He kicked me out of the house and so I was paying excessive lease costs. Needless to say despite getting rid of everything I could, I ended up surviving on credit cards. I just couldn’t take out a second job. Mentally I’m already beyond my coping limit.

Now I have the debt looming over me. When we settled he got most everything. The little money I got I put toward my debt. But there’s still an excessive amount left.

My payments are over $1k a month. I’ve considered settling but that scares the heck out of me. I’ve never been late on a payment or not been able to pay my bills. I kept telling myself I’d get out ok in this divorce but between attorney fees and an unrelenting judge, I did not.

During the divorce my mom bought a foreclosure and allows me to rent it. My vehicle is running well. And I will try to have some savings for emergencies. So is settling the best option? I feel like a failure. I just want to get a clean start. It’s embarrassing.

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow, bpcyclist, unaluna