View Single Post
unicornlady

Member Since Nov 2014
36 hugs
given
Default Sep 29, 2019 at 10:10 AM

Right, I also heard that Abilify is activating for some people. My pdoc told me to take it in the morning to start with, since it is activating or neutral for most people. It DEFINITELY isn't for me, makes me very sleepy. Lamictal also makes me very sleepy - does Lamictal make you sleepy?

I'm sorry your pdoc doesn't tell you when to take meds. I feel like the timing is really important actually.

My pdoc usually says something like this: this med is activating for some people, so take it in the morning, and if it makes you sleepy, take it at night the next day.

I think it really can be individual what your response is to the medication. If you have a day off you might try the abilify in the morning just so you know - it may be activating for you.

I don't know about Pristiq or Klonopin - klonopin did not make me sleepy or activated, but I've heard some people say it makes them sleepy. I don't know anything about Pristiq.

I think it really is an individual thing that you have to try out. Lamictal also was one that my pdoc said to try taking in the morning. I don't know when you take that now - could also be something to think about. My pdoc said she wasn't surprised that I reacted to lamictal by getting sleepy, since that was also how I reacted to abilify - so maybe there's a similarity there?

I'm not sure if I'm being helpful, but I'm trying to share my experience and what my pdoc has suggested. Let me know if I've been unclear.

Thanks for this!
*Beth*