-------no titles please--

Member Since Jul 2011
15.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 29, 2019 at 10:17 PM

Quanticia, sorry I am responding but read your post. And that your struggling

Quote:
I often cannot think properly unless I have a pen in my hand and write down my thoughts. I am unable to connect my own thoughts unless I write them down!
I usually have to write down, or write out an email for work, before I call out to the perso I need to talk to.. this helps me get my thoughts in order myself.. I usually have to do an email first, even if in draft before speaking as things can get really jumbled or forgetting. I some times read it when I am on the phone or sitting beside the person, as I may forget in the moment a point.
I have always thought it good practice for what ever my struggles are... but then again, idk if my issue is adhd or just a spastic thinking at times.

Other times I shock myself, and can explain things with out the pen and paper but I am visualizing it in my head as much as I can and usually have "lived an example a few times " .. and not looking at the person.

sorry if this gives no comfort but I don't think your alone.
I am sorry you are struggling and hope others hop on to give you better support.

-----

Editing after looking on the web,

3 Memory Games That Build ADHD Focus

Quote:
Attention is like a muscle — the more you practice using it, the stronger it grows. Use these three memory games to build focus in children and adults with ADHD.

Ugh I stuck my foot in mouth * deleted my comment of any limit to an age for kid.. Ha?

Last edited by beauflow; Sep 29, 2019 at 10:32 PM..
beauflow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Quanticia