Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2019
6,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 30, 2019 at 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidpail View Post
I printed my post and handed it to him, but nothing changed. He threatened to have me arrested when I talked about taking his phone. I know I can't change him which is why my post uses the words 'appeal to him' but nothing has changed in fact, got worse. He's accessed a lawyer against me and constantly threatens to call the police from what he says his solicitor told him, and I am 100% afraid to do anything further now. I'm currently thinking through moving house. I've been diagnosed now with panic attacks and ended up in hospital due to fainting from them. They say I'm exhausted and need urgent medical assistance. As I say, my health is chronic.

None of these suggestions worked although I tried. I suggest my situation and health are both much worse today than when I first posted. He has found the power of the law and free legal advice. I am now saving up for legal advice of my own to see what my options are, but I may use that money to move house instead. I don't know which wall I'll fall just yet.
In the US, many times, we can just look up what we need to do legally online.

How would your child come to be part owner of your home?

In the US, if a son or daughter 18 or older is threatening us (putting us in real danger)--we can file a restraining order then in about a week, the person who filed and the person who the order is against would have to show up in court (this is drastic but my POV is if YOU paid for the phone then you have a right to take it from him and if he ever threatens to endanger you physically--then, though hard to do, you might need to consider).

That he calls the cops on you--what does he call them about? Do the cops agree with him? You need to make it clear that if he doesn't respect your authority (calling the police is the opposite of that)--he will have to leave and find services for his condition elsewhere. Having boundaries with our children is very important for both them and us. Having autism means he needs to take steps towards getting assistance with it. We can't help people who won't help themselves--especially when we are struggling ourselves. Don't feel guilty about putting yourself first!!
TunedOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
unaluna