Community Liaison

Member Since Jun 2016
70.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Heart Sep 30, 2019 at 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdDancer View Post
I've got to confess that I'm happy to have the day mostly to myself, without hubby. He was on vacation for over a week. I love when he's home, but he can be slightly bossy. I do mean "slightly". I wouldn't want to exaggerate. Also, sometimes we'll be reading or looking at our computers in the same room and he'll just start talking (or mostly reading something out loud) that I'm supposed to just drop what I'm doing and listen. And he goes on and on. I tend to hyperfocus on what I'm doing and do get slightly annoyed having to be deliberately distracted. If I voice annoyance or start reading my own thing again, while he's still reading out loud, he gets annoyed. I do clearly have a history of pressured speech, but only when I'm hypomanic or manic (or anxious). I suppose he could say that he's had to put up with years of pressured speech, and that I should finally give him "the floor", but...

I need to go to the grocery store. We have little to eat at home after our vacation. Plus, we had to discard some more things because of a refrigerator issue these past couple weeks. It seems fixed. I hope it is! I do feel like I've gained some weight, but I haven't confirmed that. One change in my diet, these last couple weeks, is that I've barely eaten sweets beyond berries, and sweets are my main weak point. However, I instead ate a pretty large amount of hard pretzels and nuts. I'm not usually a salty snack type, but occasionally they hit the spot.
Lol! I can relate to the issue of someone expecting me to suddenly drop whatever I am doing/reading in order to lend my undivided attention.
I am still trying to set some boundaries around this.

Some people need a lot of attention and I have one such person sharing my houesehold right now. She means no harm. She is highly sociable and likely fits BirdDancer's definition of a hyperthymic personality! LOL! It can be very draining at times, which likely says more about me.

I feel like I have almost always forfeited whatever I was doing or whatever I was interested in, in order to be Present for others around me. Yet, then I would find myself exhausted, too exhausted to follow through on my interests. I am trying to change this pattern.

All others can wait for their turn!

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341