View Single Post
EllieGreene

Member Since Apr 2015
8 hugs
given
Default Oct 01, 2019 at 02:02 AM

I am new to this therapist forum but feel strongly about sharing my experience. I have felt so thankful that my son found a therapist that he likes and who he feels listens to him, that I became obsessed with his therapist. I really enjoyed having these feelings! I would occasionally sit in on sessions and became very interested in him.

I have been married for 29 years and never, ever cheated on my husband. Since I said “I do” I have been faithful. I have had little crushes but just brief ones that burned out easily on their own. This was different! I have been fantasizing about this man for over a year. This crush gave me tons of energy and motivation to look my best because I wanted him to notice me and want me. What fun I’ve had getting ready to see him or imagining that maybe I’ll run into him somewhere. He was always on my mind. My sex drive improved and that was a positive for. My marriage.

Sadly, this can’t be sustained without seeing him. Since my son is moving on to another therapist (too complicated to get into why) I am left without fuel for my fantasy. I was beginning to worry about how my self focus might effect the relationship between my son and I. I liked his therapist so much! I have to give this up but leaving this behind fills me with loss. An empty space. A very sad place. It’s a kind of death and yet it was never truly alive. It wasn’t real, it was all in my head. I’ll feel better in time.

Can anyone relate?
EllieGreene is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist, Buffy01, Jelzig65, precaryous

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist, Buffy01