View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 01, 2019 at 02:06 AM

Hey @jaymoq: I read your post a couple of times and some thoughts popped into my head. Who is your boss's boss? What kind of input do they have over employees and compensation. You seem to be getting good reviews, given extra work, are used as an example for other employees so I wonder if your boss either has a personality issue with you or- is maybe taking advantage of you? Not that you can change anything but companies are all in it for either money, compensation or if its a non-profit- donations. Bottom lines matter. I wonder if your boss thinks you dont mind the extra work and feels like not compensating you or giving you a raise is sort of like getting away with something.
What if you looked up some stats in your field tied to compensation and general info about raises? My husband works for a famous ivy-league school granted but every year they have performance reviews and as long as they are good you get a 2-3.5 percent raise. On a salary its not huge but 3% every year adds up. In an hourly rate situation I have heard of raises in the 1.50$-3.00$ ballpark for jobs similar to yours.

Putting this interview aside I wonder if you have a meeting with your boss armed with info and instead of asking what would make you eligible- tell her why you are eligible and deserve a raise. What would she do? Fire you? Are you friendly with her boss or is her boss a bigwig who doesnt deal with peons? If you are friendly or at least cordial with her boss I wonder if figuring out a way to draft an email about a raise would work?
This interview is good practice no matter what you choose to do. All of our difficulties in life are meant to teach us lessons. These are just some of my thoughts.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous42119