View Single Post
bpcyclist
Legendary

Member Since Sep 2019
40.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 01, 2019 at 08:50 AM

My parents were married for over 50 years before my mother died of cancer. Of course my serious catch of a dad has taken up with no one. Not gonna happen. They were from another era, when, for many, forever. indeed, meant forever. This is absolutely not the case with my generation, where people get divorced at the drop of a hat.

That said, I will never forget my mother turning to me after my dad had done something annoying--this is before she got sick--and remarking with a sigh: "Oh, honey. I just don't think people were meant to be married this long."

I laughed, because it was funny, but there was some truth in what she said. Being with the same person for 29 years is a lot of work. I wonder if the distraction and excitement you felt for this therapist was just a response to boredom and lack of newness in the marriage or if it indicates something more serious.. Only you can know. You should probably find out.

Thanks for this!
EllieGreene, sarahsweets