Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
7,354 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 01, 2019 at 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakespeare47 View Post
I've had a few times when people got really mad about me about my beliefs (way of thinking/arguments/etc.). I've been led to believe that it could the case that this is a compliment in disguise. If people really thought I was an idiot, then they would dismiss me. To tell me that they don't want to hear my beliefs and/or don't want me to tell others about my beliefs, then it follows they are actually taking me very seriously.

HAHAHAHAHA, you’re not wrong at all! This made my flipping week. I was explaining essentially this concept to someone who tried picking a fight with me over nothing I could discern not too long ago. It was a case of “he said, she said”, so ergo I did not care.

I dismissed what that individual was saying, as I had way better ways to waste my time on the internet that afternoon and that clearly they could not prove anything with hard evidence one way or the other. So, nothing of importance happened until proven otherwise with real evidence instead of vague accusations about nothing at all specific. This assessment, as you can imagine, caused the individual in question to become highly displeased. I told them to have a wonderful day and went about my weekend.

Admittedly I like my Schadenfreude so I looked later and saw that they lost it and said all kinds of off the wall things about me. Apparently I’m omnipotent these days. An unexpected ego stroke, but a funny one. Heh.
Atypical_Disaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote