View Single Post
Anonymous42119

Default Oct 01, 2019 at 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalouise View Post
Im also integrated.

I did not have an internal world. my DID was the more typical dissociative related where my alters were out based on my dissociating because of triggers, and the resulting alter that took control was the one that dealt with that trigger. there was no internal world for them to hang out in when they were not out, it was more like one moment I would be feeling triggered, have my dissociation symptoms of being numb, spaced out feeling like I am sinking then the next thing I knew it was a different day or time and I was doing something different then the last thing I remembered doing.

Rainy was only out during times when there were rain storms or other storms, or depressive times, Thelma was only out to handle my dating/ intimacy issues, red was only out during times when I was triggered into anger....

the only internal world I had was what my treatment providers called using my imagination, daydreaming. which is different than having an internal dissociated world. But I can imagine it must be hard to have not one internal world but 7 different lands internally. a friend of mine only has one and she tells me that its so hard sometimes to keep whats what on that internal world straight. in her internal world its one land with four "countries" she gets triggered and has these dissociative symptoms and her dissociating automatically puts her in an indian reservation frame of mind, she has these other dissociative symptoms and lands in the woods, has other dissociative symptoms and lands on a mountain summit, and had completely different dissociative symptoms and lands on a ferry crossing a lake. but its all one land so to speak. seven truly amazing that you are able to have 7.

question you don't have to answer just a curiosity for me since I didn't have any internal lands, is your 7 lands like this where its based on what your dissociative symptoms are or is it something more complex and how does your system keep these 7 lands straight from one another.

your not knowing if integration is a goal for you... for me there wasn't a choice. it wasn't a goal or something that I could choose to do or not to do. it was just a normal process that my brain did called flight or fight / dissociation due to extreme trauma before age 5 that caused my alters to come into being. so the integration was just a normal part of the healing process for me

you can read the whole thing in my integration thread but please take care when reading that thread of mine. it contains some basic medical / mental health terms and definitions and answers how my dissociative alters were created and more I marked the thread with the trigger because many are not ready for such terms, honesty and topic of integration since you are integrated some of your alters Im assuming you already know some of whats in this thread of mine because you have gone through it yourself...here is the link to my integration thread...…

Integration
@amandalouise - thank you for your thoughtful reply. I'll try to answer as many questions as I can. I don't know how to do the multiple quote reply thingy yet. I tried. So I will go through and re-read your reply so that I can answer your questions.

Give me a few minutes to do so, and I'll reply again with broken-down quotes to make it an easier response. I may have more than one reply to you to answer each question (perhaps paragraph by paragraph). I will answer in a few minutes once I take a small break. I had no idea so many people would reply to me. It's kind of cool though. It's nice to feel accepted.

Lillyb
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
amandalouise