View Single Post
Anonymous42119

Default Oct 02, 2019 at 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitimage View Post
Before I hit menopause, I loathed getting my period. Now that I'm post menopause, I hate the social pressure to keep my face hair free, as a result of menopause for me was a huge increase in jet black facial hair.

splitimage
I, too despise having a period, but now that I'm 45, I worry about menopause and facial hair and mood swings and hot flashes, etc. I haven't hit menopause yet, but I've gotten a nodule on my thyroid and gained a ton of weight. I am slated to see an endocrynologist in the future, that is, if the VA's records reflect the last referral before I relocated out of state; I really need to figure out if I'm now perimenopause. It's affecting my chronic fatigue syndrome, weight, and temperature - not to mention moods.

And then, to add insult to injury, us females in society have been accused of being "too hormonal." I hate that label, that attribution, that stigma.

I've also lost my sex drive completely, though I've always had issues with sex since I am a victim of sexual assault (adulthood) and sexual abuse (childhood). Being female has made it harder for me to cope.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
sarahsweets