View Single Post
bpcyclist
Legendary

Member Since Sep 2019
40.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 02, 2019 at 09:24 AM

I also have PTSD, I just don't list it in my sig. I virtually never laugh and almost never smile anymore. Recently. I have found one thing that can reliably get me to do both and that is videos of cats and kittens and dogs and puppies that are homeless being rescued. It makes me feel great!! I try to watch a couple at least every day. You are probably still capable of smiling and laughing, I would guess, you just have to find something that can trigger the response reliably. You need to find what that is for you.

There is a guy from Vancouver or Alberta, can't remember, who has a mental illness. He is a comedian. He trains mentally ill people to do stand up. He came to a hospital where I was an inpatient and did the course for us. We gave a performance for the whole hospital when it was done. It was really fun. I think it helped some people. They made a movie about this guy and his program. I think it's called something like Stand Up or Stand Up for Mental Illness. I can't recall. But you can google it. Might be worth looking into. Keep searching!!

Hugs from:
Anonymous42119, Lilly2

Thanks for this!
Breaking Dawn, Lilly2, seeker33