View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Oct 02, 2019 at 07:05 PM

So... I take it you're in school perhaps studying to be a counselor or therapist? (Hope I'm not off in left field someplace on this.) And you asked how you get past this, as well as if you should change your emphasis because reading about sexuality is a hot button topic for you. I do think in order to counsel female sex addicts you're going to have to be comfortable reading material on the subject. So I do think this is something you're going to need to figure out. Assuming you are in school, & if there's a student counseling center, perhaps they could be of help?

I'm sure there is a great need for trained professionals who do what you want to do. So it would be sad if you had to change your emphasis because of your reaction to reading material on the subject of sexuality. Perhaps this is something that could be addressed similarly to how a specific phobia would be addressed? Here's a link to an article, from PC's archives, on the subject of specific phobias treatments. The article also offers some self-help suggestions:

Specific Phobia Treatment | Psych Central

Hope you begin feeling better soon.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi

Thanks for this!
bizi