Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2012
1,818 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 03, 2019 at 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethRags View Post
I've been seeing my pdoc for 2 years. Most of the time she goes the extra mile for me. She's moody, however; when her mood is bad it's very hard to be around her.

At my appointment 2 days ago I told her that I had slightly changed my Abilify dose. She flipped out and gave me a stern lecture on why I shouldn't change my dose without contacting her (including that she's responsible if I change my dose and have a negative result).

But here's the thing: she works only Tuesday through Friday. The clinic I go to is free. There is absolutely no back-up for the 3 days my pdoc is not in the office.

I'm feeling terrible hurt about her lecture, and am obsessing about it. I'm in a special program for "severely mentally ill" so I'll see her again today (I see her frequently).

Any ideas? What should I say to her about her reaming me? I am so angry. Or should I just cancel today's appointment until I speak with my therapist on Monday (she and my pdoc work together)?

Give me some ideas. Thanks!
I think your anger is valid, and whether you talk with her today or after talking with your T. is up to you. She is not responsible for your decisions, she is responsible for her own actions. Given she is 'moody', I wonder if she obsesses over reaming you out...hope so. No one needs a dress-down lecture in a "therapeutic" relationship. Your body and your decisions do still belong to you.

winter4me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Anonymous46341, bizi, bpcyclist, Sunflower123, Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, BipolarWolf, bpcyclist, Sunflower123