View Single Post
susannahsays
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jun 2018
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 03, 2019 at 09:31 AM

I don't disbelieve you, but after reading your post several times, I'm not sure I understand why you're so sure she has feelings for you. I could be bringing some of my own stuff into this, but women are sometimes perceived to be flirting just by existing and anything we do can be spun into a come-on. She certainly doesn't sound like a good therapist since she talks way too much, but the things you quoted her as saying don't sound like she necessarily has romantic feelings for you. It would depend on the context. If she's so interested in you, why doesn't she let you get a word in for 45 minutes? Also, if looks aren't an issue for you, you would not have needed to process that someone who was one of the most "unattractive people you have ever laid eyes on" could also be beautiful. That indicates that you do have beliefs about physical attractiveness and place some sort of value on it. I only mention that because I think the way you made her comment all about her and her (possible) issues might indicate that your self awareness is somewhat lacking in your rush to make assumptions about her.

On a related note, I wonder if you are as curious to see what "lies within" yourself as you are with others. Maybe focusing on her and theorizing about her pathology is your way of avoiding addressing your own issues.

Regardless, it sounds like you would probably benefit from seeing someone else. Maybe someone who practices from a psychoanalytical or psychodynamic perspective.

Thanks for this!
Middlemarcher, unaluna, Xynesthesia2