catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 03, 2019 at 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpcyclist View Post
Of course, I don't know your pdoc, but I have had many (like lots of us) over the years. Like @BirdDancer, I have actually d/c'd meds without telling my pdoc until the next scheduled visit. The response has varied. My current and best-ever by far pdoc just nods his head and listens. He knows me now after several years and he trusts that I would not do something like stop a major med for zero reason. But I have also been dressed down. I suspect that all the energy you were experiencing as she spoke to you was more about her than you. I'm sure she worried that, had you had an adverse reaction to your med change while she was totally unaware of what was happening with you, that something bad could happen. So it was probably a stress reaction in her. Just my two cents.

Good observation! She did seem extremely stressed out that day. And maybe what I'm thinking of as her "moodiness" is actually her reaction to stress. I do believe that she cares but, geez, lady...work on your delivery

It is confusing, when we've had more pdocs than we can count, whether this one or that one is okay with us making slight med changes. I've had some that tell me they trust me to make an adjustment if I feel the need.In fact, they seemed to rely on me to do so.

I despise being talked at as if I were a naughty child.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, bpcyclist, Sunflower123, Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
Wild Coyote