View Single Post
elizathornberry

Member Since Sep 2019
Help Oct 05, 2019 at 02:56 AM

Has anyone had this experience of having black outs from even a low benzo dose?

I don’t understand how people take these and function.

I was given only .5mg and I was completely *gone*... is this a dissociative episode that’s happening?

Like the walls are down so the alters have ease of access to the front or something??

Because when I’m on them I am completely blacked out. I took one once just before going into target. I have memory of walking in the parking lot toward the store and then boom. Gone.

I was with my friend so I asked him what happened? And he said “you were just really happy and giggly, and having a good time with stuff. In a child like manner. You seemed like a child. Excited by, sparkly things and, stickers. You liked those a lot.”

And I have no memory of this no abolity to retrieve it ether. It’s completely not there.

This happens every time I take a benzo, but another time I filmed myself and said my name was Blake in the video.

My name isn’t blake. Lol

I’ve also had people approach me during my mental hospital stay after a black out, I woke up from a nap I don’t remember deciding to take.

And people were calling me Maggie.

And I said “my names not Maggie?” Confused

And they said oh, it’s you (my actual name). Glad to be back?

And I said what??? lol

I’m just so confused.

I’ve also had another friend tell me I introduced myself as Maggie to him. I brushed it off as like “oh that’s weird!!”

But... I think I must have actually done that and don’t... know.

Countless other examples of my dissociation but yeah...

I just wanted to ask abojt the benzos thing in particular if you find with DID it does the opposite of ground you but instead allows alters a much easier time with just taking over
elizathornberry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote