Thread: Sharing Blogs
View Single Post
JourneyUpward

Member Since May 2008
Default Oct 05, 2019 at 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewerlygirl1986 View Post
I would like your advice on how you started a blog and a journal on here please give me some advice.
Hi Jewerlygirl1986. Unfortunately, blogs and journals are no longer available on PsychCentral. I started my blog at WordPress.com: Create a Free Website or Blog. I posted the link to my blog on the forums (where you found it) on PsychCentral to give it some exposure. Setting up a blog on Wordpress is pretty straightforward and it's free. When you do set it up, remember to use widgets to give you a comments section, a like button and a follow button so people can follow your blog-- they will get email notices of your posts. It takes a while of regular posting to build up a following so don't get discouraged. You can use your blog like a journal you're for sharing your life journey, your struggles and successes. If you've done some research about a particular problem you have, you can share that--just be sure to note where you got it from, the date it was published if available and who wrote it if the author's name is given. If you have a hobby that you love, you can start a journal about that. Explore blogs on Wordpress to get a feel for what and how others are blogging about by clicking on the "reader" button on the website. It may not be available until you join, I don't remember. Like I said, it's free so have fun playing around with it. They have many beautiful templates available to help you get started. I hope this helps.
JourneyUpward.
JourneyUpward is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote