WastingAsparagus
Student of Life

Member Since Mar 2014
2,911 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Lightbulb Oct 05, 2019 at 05:49 PM

Hey, all:

I am wondering how to get off my parents' payroll, so to speak.

I worry about something happening to them in the future and that would result in me being completely broke, basically.

I am also 26 years old and I feel that I need to be able to support myself.

That said, I have had some serious mental health struggles, and I'm doing my best.

The thing that gets me is how expensive everything for mental health has gotten (or maybe it has always been that way).

There are several new developments for me, one of which is that I might get a translation gig (not a full-time job, but just a one-time thing). I also am teaching a couple of English classes (but the pay is mediocre).

I also attend graduate school (though it only meets on Saturdays). This is an extra expense.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention, I have a job in which I perform online essay tutoring, but I only get paid $5 USD per essay.

So, am I just complaining about nothing or am I never going to get a job that pays my bills? I feel like I'm either underselling myself or I am just completely unemployable. I know things take time to develop (and I moved abroad, so probably double that time). But dang, I didn't think it would be this hard to get jobs that pay decently.

Any supportive comments would be appreciated.
WastingAsparagus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
WovenGalaxy

Thanks for this!
Anonymous45127, WovenGalaxy