View Single Post
bpcyclist
Legendary

Member Since Sep 2019
40.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 05, 2019 at 07:24 PM

Hey, @Rachel9. I am so sorry you are struggling with what sounds like a bunch of different issues at the moment. Like @sarahsweets, I am in long-term recovery from addiction--to various drugs. I also am wondering what your drugs of choice are. I was on Adderall for a long time. It is obviously very helpful to some people. It is also quite addictive, in my view. The problem for you is that the cost--this belly pain and binging you describe--of stopping the Adderall is really, really high right now. Stopping is unbearable. This exacerbates your addiction problem. And now you are in a vicious cycle. So, I am wondering, does your bypass surgeon know about all these abdominal symptoms you are having? If not, I would tell her/him immediately. They may have some input for you. Might be able to help with that. I'd def contact the,, pronto, if you have not done so.

I am no kind of BED expert. But I have heard Vyvanse can help, so maybe that is a good goal. The problem is, as you point out, the new pdoc may not want to prescribe Vyvanse if she/he is aware of the Adderall problem. You are just going to have to make your best decision there. I honestly don't know what I'd do.

Whatever the case about all this stuff, one thing is for sure and that is that you absolutely must get back into recovery ASAP. Do you have a sponsor? Call them. Get one. Go to some meetings. Share what you are dealing with. Get back to the steps. And try not to drink and use in between meetings. Recovery comes from doing the basic things. Try to do them. And then see where this whole Adderall/bypass/BED thing goes.

Hang in there. Sending you positive vibes. You can get into recovery long-term. It will be work, but you can do it. You should start now.