underdog is here

Member Since Sep 2011
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 07, 2019 at 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtieSwimsOn View Post
I'm honestly not trying to be argumentative but I am curious, isn't that kind of blaming the client? As far as being willing to put up with it? It seems an extremely fine line between choosing of free will to put up with something vs because of whatever reason, feeling like you don't have a choice/that's just how it is or "I don't deserve better" or what have you. Again I'm not trying to be a jerk just honestly curious.
Therapists prey on and benefit from people who don't feel like or recognize they have a choice. Therapists put themselves in a position of power and many people go along with it for various reasons- therapists expect it and use it.
That is what I meant.

The one I hired once complained that the reason therapy was such a bust for me was because my life worked and I had no reason to submit to her - she actually said that.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
Oscar Wilde
Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
stopdog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous42119, HD7970GHZ, SalingerEsme

Thanks for this!
HD7970GHZ, here today, koru_kiwi, Out There, precaryous, SalingerEsme, SilverTongued, SlumberKitty, Xynesthesia2