sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 09, 2019 at 06:45 AM

Hi @themadperhaphs:
I understand the almost addictive feeling of wanting revenge. It can consume you. But I wanted to caution you about wanting it. Truly, it never solves anything and will never make you feel better. The feelings that lead to revenge- resentments need to be resolved by you. In order to heal you have to find a way to make peace with whoever and whatever wronged you and exacting revenge will not give you that peace.
Quote:
Trust is important in any relationship and critical for cooperative societies. When you are thinking about revenge, it usually means you believe trust has been broken. Remember, while the anticipation of revenge may feel pleasurable, the actual carrying out of revenge brings little satisfaction and may create more problems and suffering. Acts of revenge do not repair trust or restablish a sense of justice for both parties.
Revenge: Will You Feel Better? | Psychology Today
Quote:
Originally Posted by themadperhaphs View Post
Hi all,
this is my first post here so I am not really sure how it works but lets give it a try.
I have been suffering from depression for maybe a year now but it has gotten pretty intense over the last 6 months. I have constant mood swing and cry a lot.
However, the only thing that circulates in my mind is the thought of revenge. I want revenge for every single person that has disrespected me and crossed me in any way.
So- anyone with similar feelings? Maybe tips on how to deal with it ?

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, MickeyCheeky