View Single Post
Curlynurse1

Member Since Sep 2019
Default Oct 09, 2019 at 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy3boys View Post
I did well on antidepressants and anti-anxiety meds for 20 years. Then, at about age 44 (eight or so years ago), I had a serious, debilitating depressive episode and finally got better when my new doctor started me on Cymbalta and Zyprexa (my first antipsychotic). I've taken an antipsychotic since then but have come a long way in eight years and feel like I might not need one now. I take 80 mg of Geodon which I just cut back to 60 mg. The side effect profile of antipsychotics is scary and I want to see if I'm OK without them. Has anyone else tapered off of Geodon after being on it for a long time? Has anyone else ditched antipsychotics after taking them for a long time? Did you replace them with a different type of medication? (By the way, I don't have a clear diagnosis but my main issue is a history of depression related to childhood trauma, and occasional bipolar "features" like insomnia and irritability).
I’m tapering off geodon now I’m at 20mg nightly with no other medication I’ve been using this drug mainly for psychotic bipolar symptoms I’ve been on this med for four and a half years my plan is to be completely drug free for 2020 I’m super excited staying positive Geodon left me feeling miserable no emotions
Curlynurse1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote