View Single Post
bpcyclist
Legendary

Member Since Sep 2019
40.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 10, 2019 at 08:15 AM

I struggle with this a lot. My ex-wife, who has spent her adult life trying to turn our son against me (successfully. I might add). A former boss who discriminated against me when my mental illness was first diagnosed. Tons of 'friends' and 'family' who totally abandoned me when I got sick and couldn't make them any more money or do anything for them anymore. The list is long. What do I want? I want them to know what they did was wrong. And that they damaged me.

But the reality is, that isn't very likely to happen. So, what do I do? I can't go on obsessing about revenge. It's too toxic. I don't want to be angry and bitter, it's just not a good place for me. It is as @sarahsweets has said, revenge fantasies and revenge itself does not bring peace.

For me, acceptance brings peace. I am working on accepting all these things that have happened to me. I am not saying I have forgiven everyone because I haven't. Sorry. But I can accept what has occurred and that is enough for me to feel better and to get out of my bitterness and anger.

Not sure if any of this will help you, but I hope that maybe some part of it might. You have to come to terms with your anger and resentment. Then, you will feel better. I wish you good luck and peace.

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, MickeyCheeky