View Single Post
nicoleflynn
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jan 2012
60 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 12, 2019 at 07:02 AM

Lovely post...thank you! My story in a nutshell. I survived and thrived: Grew up without a father, violent mother,poverty: No car, phone, refrigerator, tub or shower in a 120-year old tenement house where snow came in thru a crack in the wall. Molested by a neighbor...joined the army right out of high school (saved my life), married an abuser and got a divorce after 31 years of abuse, then a church who voted me out of membership, with my name up on a big screen, followed by the words, "Conduct Unbecoming a child of God." Called to a meeting of deacons (not allowed to have a woman with me) and asked, 'Are you still having sex with your ex?"! I fought the system for 19 months. My life story won a scholarship and I started school at 60 and am a Sophomore at 72! I have written two books, Poetry:Sanctuary of the Soul and my memoir: Ghost Child to Triumph....from a child with no voice, to someone who speaks up against injustice; One of my passions is to speak about verbal abuse and I presented my paper, Society's Hidden Pandemic, Verbal Abuse, Precursor to Physical Violence and a Form of Biochemical Assault...at my State's Counseling Association As children we have no voice or choices quite often, but as adults we can choose to do and be who we want to be. I chose to stand up and talk back! xo to all overcomers!

Hugs from:
Amyjay, Anonymous42119, Breaking Dawn, downandlonely, Fuzzybear, HD7970GHZ, Open Eyes, Purple,Violet,Blue, Zipper dog

Thanks for this!
Amyjay, Breaking Dawn, downandlonely, HD7970GHZ, Open Eyes, Zipper dog