View Single Post
Anonymous42119

Default Oct 12, 2019 at 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoleflynn View Post
Hi, Lillb: Wow, you are a veteran? What branch? Thank you for you lovely reply. I have to order more books (as I am out now, but I will let you know when I get some. Hutgs, and thank you for your service, fellow sistah and veteran.
@nicoleflynn

Yes, I'm a veteran of the USMC. I wasn't in too long, however (10 months; a story that I am too scared to discuss in detail, but okay to discuss vaguely, if that makes sense; no combat or deployment, but other traumas). I experienced MST, a fractured pelvis, and a fractured foot.

I have half-brothers who were in the Army (different eras - one being Vietnam, the other Korean, I think). My half-nephew is currently in the Air Force. I think my veteran half-brother (from the Korean era) has a son now in the Air Force or Army, I forget. My father was a merchant marine from WWII, but he wasn't recognized as a veteran for many years (they now recognize merchant marines as veterans); it's too bad because he could have been treated for PTSD from the war, but wasn't, and I felt all the pain from his combat/warzone exposures and then some.

Thank you for your service, fellow sistah and veteran - right back at ya!

Hugs from:
HD7970GHZ

Thanks for this!
HD7970GHZ