View Single Post
MuseumGhost
Grand Magnate

Member Since Apr 2012
12.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 13, 2019 at 01:07 AM

I'm not special or anything. I know so many people here have gone through a thousand med changes. They've done it bravely, full of hope, and uncomplaining, for the most part, from what I can tell.

However, this is the first med change for me in over 12 years. I'm all read-up on the possible withdrawal symptoms and what I can expect that way. (I think, perhaps, I may have read too much, as I've got myself into a complete state!)

I'm going from Effexor XR to Lexapro. I was almost at the max dosage for the XR, when I began experiencing rapidly more hair thinning on the top of my head, after my last increase. I also did NOT see a sufficient discontinuation of my depression symptoms or my anxiety (not for years---I've been just "inching" along with improvements), so I'm changing course for several good reasons.

I know about the danger of profound anxiety and panic symptoms when going off of Effexor XR. I am beginning a walking program which I've been procrastinating on for quite a while (that's the professional, holistic suggestion for coping, among other things.).

If there's anything else anyone can suggest, I'm all ears.

I promise to consider anything kindly offered. Thanks!
MuseumGhost is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, 5stacks, bpcyclist, Desoxyn, Ember_42, Fuzzybear, MickeyCheeky, SalingerEsme, Sometimes psychotic, still_crazy, TimTheEnchanter, Travelinglady, WovenGalaxy

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, still_crazy, WovenGalaxy