View Single Post
Rcar13

Member Since Oct 2019
1 hugs
given
Default Oct 13, 2019 at 06:22 AM

Background: the reoccurring dream I have had the same underlying Story line where I am back playing high school football again. I attend one of the largest high schools in my state and we were know for football. I love football to this day and miss playing it. I suffered a few injuries but after awhile I believe I got in my head and feared failure and what people would think of that failure. Due to that, I limited myself with prolonged healing time and was scared of not being the best. Since I did go to a large school it seemed like my coaches cast me aside after I was injured. From this I started to forcing on track & field because I was a captain and wanted to be the best I could be. This was also limited to a degree with me being stuck in my head.

I went on to run track & field in college at a D2 level then tried my hand at D1AA after transferring colleges. I was obsessed with getting a scholarship and competing in the NCAA In high school. I achieved this but never had the opportunity to play football at a high level.

This is where I keep having the reoccurring dream, where I am back playing high school football. Either practice, a game, or picture day and some loop hole on how I can still play in high school when I am 24.

From this I have looked into adult football leagues and even rugby leagues but I love to compete, and compete at a high-level with the best. Most of these adult football leagues seem like un athletic men. I don’t like being a large fish in a small pond and that’s the sole reason I transferred up to compete at a high-leveler in college for track.

I am still in decent shape and have been working out again for my metal health but this dream is hunting me and after a couple years of it, I want to get a better understanding of it and the next best actions I can take.
Rcar13 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous42119