amandalouise
Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
887 hugs
given
Default Oct 13, 2019 at 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReRe54 View Post
I have had DID for years now. I integrated. Moved on in my life. Got remarried to my husband (I am gay)...started a fresh. For a time that worked. Then stress and issues came about and my integration came undone. Which makes me wonder...was I ever actually integrated? The issue now is I have been literally looking for work for 3.5 years. I have gotten hired five times and usually by the second or third day an alter quits the job and I am right back where I started at. Unemployed. This is causing so many issues. My husband does not know I have DID I have never told him. I just didn't tell him because I was starting fresh and at the time there were no issues. Now, it would just seem like I ...I don't know what but, it would not be good to tell him now after all this time. PAnyway, I just need to figure out what to do about this. Anyone ever have this happen to them? I usually find out that "I" have resigned because I found a different position I like better...or I did not pass the physical or they decided to change the job from full time to part time (I need full time) things like this.

Any thoughts? Any ideas?

Thanks,
ReRe
I have never had my integration come undone, none of my friends have ever had their integrations become undone so Im sorry I cant help you there. what I can do is give you a link to my integration thread, maybe something in there will give you some ideas on how to reintegrate, or at the very least gain more control over your life.

job wise my alters didn't quit jobs. they were the kind where they were only out in response to something triggering example if I was triggered on the job, had my dissociation symptoms then the alter that took control would be the one that dealt with that trigger.

on the other side of things along with my DID I did have whats called depersonalization / derealization with Fugue specifier. (it wasn't called that when I was diagnosed each of those were not lumped together.) the fugue specifier used to be its own dissociative disorder before America's mental health system changed in 2013. my alters would take control if I saw someone that looked like my abusers, and relocate to somewhere else safely away from my abuser, start a whole new life somewhere else. we solved this problem with my carrying special identification that marked my state ID. DMV marks a persons state ID and license when someone has a major mental or physical health problem that prevents them from driving a vehicle. they have a list of disorders/ diseases and treatment providers must also report certain health issues that affect driving.

my point is after my state ID was marked, if it was used anywhere for proof of ID my family and the police would get a call, my family and the police would help me get home again.

maybe something similar can be done for you and your jobs. you don't have to tell them that you have a mental illness. but maybe you can say something like after you have the job ask your boss to consider your quitting a flight response to domestic violence or something like that where the boss rechecks with you before putting through the employee quit paperwork.

in other words have a checks and balances system set up where you don't lose your job just because you got triggered, switched into an alternate frame of mind and quit.

maybe also look at what the trigger is, maybe theres something not quite right about the job that your alter is trying to protect you from. find that trigger and then your next job limit your exposure to that trigger.

here is the link to my integration thread, please take care when reading it, it has things like professional terms, how dissociative alters are created, and much more that some find triggering. the thread is marked with a trigger button. read at your own pace and when you start feeling triggered take a break. its not something you have to read or have to read all the way through. its more letting everyone know what my own alters and integration process was like.

Integration
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous42119