View Single Post
Anonymous42119

Default Oct 13, 2019 at 04:31 PM

Is there a forum here for women who have given their children up for adoption? I could use the support.

I gave my daughter up for adoption (willfully, without any interference from any system), largely due to my disabilities and wanting a better life for my daughter.

I've never healed from that. When asked by the lawyer, since it was in the clause of the open adoption, I decided to have the adoptive parents give the money I would have had for treatment/healing to my daughter instead. I wanted my daughter to have everything she could possibly need for a good upbringing.

I wanted to be a mother and have a family, but my PTSD and DID conditions (the DID I didn't know I had at the time) made it impossible for me to provide my daughter with the right parenting she needed to grow and thrive. I'm still connected with my daughter's adoptive mom, and I will always love my daughter. I cannot wait to hopefully meet her and reconnect in a few years, but I will leave the decision up to my daughter and what feels safe for her in terms of me being the bio mom. I wrote a post about a recent nightmare I had in the Sleep/dreams forum somewhere on PC. I explained more there, though it is a highly triggering post, so read with caution or don't read it if it is too much.

I rarely see such support on forums like these, but I think it is a need for a lot of people.

I also see a need for those who were adopted or grew up in foster care; they may need their own support group, too. Maybe also for adoptive parents, too.

Anyway, when it comes to women's stuff, I'm dealing with my being a bio mom, a failure at motherhood.

Hugs from:
88Butterfly88, Deilla, downandlonely