Anonymous42019
Magnate

Member Since Sep 2019
3,106 hugs
given
Default Oct 14, 2019 at 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteraryLark View Post
Your daughter sounds very smart and tough! How did she get into survivalism? Your story was very fascinating. Thank you for sharing!
My daughter just told us she was interested in outdoor activities and when I asked her to specify, she said "Survival stuff because my best friend's dad in into it."

So I went to see her friend's dad and he directed me to this outdoor course for youngsters and teens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteraryLark View Post
@accessdenied

How do you go about acquiring some of these items?
If you google "EDC/Survival gear" then that is probably where you'll find most of the gear. Have to say that my most recent purchase of the Nitecore TM06S was expensive, but its lighting can be lowered right down, and the strobe can be used as a deterrant in self-defence. Peli cases can be bought in the US, Canada or just about anywhere and the same applying to Maxpedition gear. Dad bought his Peli from waterproofcases UK. (Hope my mentioning these products isn't seen as spamming!) and me, that Peli backpack was an amazon deal. it was the last in stock, just right for my daughter. It's even got handly bottle openers on its straps! Very tough backpack so is made to last.

Amazon might have this gear though it can increase some prices, but be wary of shipping costs. I found some receipts of dad's going way back to 2005 where he bought maxpedition gear and his leatherman pocket tools from heinnie.com which is a UK site for hard wearing gear.

The leatherman raptor shears may be pricey, but they're worth it. Their holster is very compact, but strong. The shears are 440C hardened stainless steel. There are good reviews on You Tube of those shears worth watching.

Look on You Tube for the reviews of the gear dad left me, and go from there. Beware buying from You Tubers as they get a percentage for advertising. Go straight to an EDC website where you'll probably get a better deal.

Keep in contact with me if you like. Maybe hopefully I'll get into Juni's survivalist passion, but I'm an overworked doctor so it's highly unlikely. That's the NHS for you!
Anonymous42019 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous42119

Thanks for this!
LiteraryLark