View Single Post
bpcyclist
Legendary

Member Since Sep 2019
40.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 14, 2019 at 07:45 PM

This is a huge issue for me. I attribute it to my lithium. I crave carbs. All kinds, but specifically, sweets, most often. Especially baked goods and ice cream. It's constantly there, gnawing at me. Like this morning. I was at our Safeway when it opened at 6 AM (so I don't have to deal with too many people) to get groceries. Bought a bunch of healthy stuff. I'm standing in the line to check out and suddenly, I had the thought: 'You know, you haven't been to the Pearl Bakery in forever. It's six blocks away. Let's go!'

And I did. And I came home with some items. It felt like a relapse from the bad old days, I must say.

I don't really have weight gain issues, I think because I get so very much aerobic exercise every day. Because I should have a problem with the way I sometimes eat. I wish it weren't true, but for now, this is the way it is. I have no idea how to combat this, but it really does remind me of long-ago drug addictions. It's weird.