View Single Post
Anonymous42119

Default Oct 15, 2019 at 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WovenGalaxy View Post
lillib, I think you are strong. Courage is being afraid, and doing it anyway. I hear you on wanting to not be scared of authority figures anymore. I think it will come with patience, self compassion, and healing and self work. In time. You are not alone. I have some trauma too. (But from childhood and my teen years). But yeah are you in therapy? Last thought, I'm on a self acceptance....I'm really into self acceptance now. Have you considered accepting yourself as is? It can be powerful, I'm told.
@WovenGalaxy

Thank you! I'm big on self-acceptance, but sometimes I suck at it, LOL. I'm not in therapy yet, but will be in November. I meet with my treatment team (regular docs) this Wednesday. I start there and move forward.

I hope it dissipates.

I was trained in police work, but I'm afraid of police sometimes. And I'm going to grad school for criminal justice, so go figure. Eek! What am I getting myself into, LOL. I'm afraid and I'm up for the challenge, and all of the above.

My fears though are often in terms of feeling little and being afraid of getting tied down and criminally assaulted again. It's an irrational thought, but in this day and age, there a small, infinitesimal chance of it becoming a rational reality. I'm trying to deal with this with the CBT I had learned, with the affirmations I say to myself, and with my staying grounded (as opposed to switching/dissociating). It's hard. But I'm trying.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, WovenGalaxy

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, WovenGalaxy