View Single Post
WishfulThinker66
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2018
117 hugs
given
Default Oct 15, 2019 at 10:50 AM

thank you everyone! Really. I am truly happy at your extension of friendship and encouragement.

Well, we managed to navigate our way through and remain intact all the for it. Yes, stressful at times. But for the most part it was a pretty good weekend of good company and food. As for my stepmom everyone it seemed gave her a wide birth this time around. I felt a bit badly. It wasn't like we were ignoring her out of bad will. I think we have all just grown tired of it. It is not just I who have her whining directed at. She does so to everyone at our gatherings. It is my fault, it is my brother's fault, and to the grandchildren both adult and child she draws their attention to it being our faults. Thanksgiving as she points out is important enough to stop and lay down what we are doing and spend it with family. What she doesn't get though is that we all have other family. Sigh. The Saturday was in an effort to prioritize us all together before we are pulled our various directions. And geesh, why does it matter which of the three days of the holiday we eat on?

But it is all behind us.

My husband and I are now talking about going away for Christmas so as to avoid this all happening again. I can already hear her voice telling me I am so selfish.

I hope others in similar situations were able to navigate things themselves with as little hurt feelings as possible.
WishfulThinker66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote