View Single Post
seesaw
Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,263 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 15, 2019 at 11:14 AM

In the US, there is no legal registration of ESAs. ESAs are not trained. ESAs are prescribed pets. All you need is a doctors note saying you have a mental disability requiring one. Read the FHA if you want to know more. Thoes blogs are wrong and led by scam organizations.

ESAs have NO PUBLIC ACCESS rights. They are not allowed anywhere except housing and air travel. They are covered by two laws only, the FHA and the ACAA. They are not covered by the ADA. They are not service dogs, they are not trained, they require absolutely no training under the laws that govern them.

Where does my knowledge come from: I have been a service dog handler (I am disabled and have a service dog) and have been a service dog and ESA advocate for many years. Do not get your information from scam blogs and registries. There are no registries for either that are recognized by the US government, and the information those scam registries give out is misleading.

Here is reliable information on service dogs: Frequently Asked Questions about Service Animals and the ADA

And for FHA: https://archives.hud.gov/news/2013/s...heo2013-01.pdf

Please do not "register" your pet as a fake ESA or service dog. Please do not put a fake vest on your pet. Please do not take an untrained pet into public places claiming they are an ESA and you are allowed. You are not. (Using general you here, not accusing anyone, just requesting everyone please read these laws and actually understand them versus reading the scam companies that are paying lots of Google ads to sell vests to fakers and registrations to fake service dogs and ESAs so they can make money since it's unregulated.)

If you have questions about how to get your pet qualified as an ESA for your mental disorder in your housing, I'm happy to help. If you have questions about how to get a service dog trained for your disorder, I'm also happy to help. You can owner train service dogs, and many dogs can actually be trained, it's not all from programs like Guide Dogs for America. Please feel free to ask questions here and I will do my best to provide the accurate information from the right sources.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna

Thanks for this!
lizardlady, sugahorse1, unaluna