Member Since Apr 2014
1,263 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 15, 2019 at 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingDanceRunLife View Post
Hey guys, who here has an ESA?

I'm highly considering getting one (a cat). I love animals, but I'm not allowed to have pets in my apartment. However, my T thinks a pet would be really good for me, and I agree...so she said if I wanted, she'd write a letter saying that I need an ESA.

I had a cat once, and I loved her dearly. Unfortunately, she loved ripping up my apartment's carpet, and I was renting, so she had to go back to the SPCA and I never found another cat that won my heart like her.

I'm planning on going to the SPCA later this week to see what they've got and start there.
This is great. Your T should absolutely write you a letter for a cat ESA. I think it can do wonders for your health to have to take care of another being and get the emotional rewards from it. Make sure you make a reasonable accommodation request with your landlord first though. Just so you don't end up getting a cat and then having issues. Other than a few instances where they can deny the request, if you don't make the reasonable request first, with the doctor's note, they can cause you some trouble and headache.

Happy adopting!

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
lizardlady, unaluna