View Single Post
LiteraryLark
Crowned "The Good Witch"

Member Since Jun 2009
1,318 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 15, 2019 at 03:14 PM

I am seeing my Pdoc tomorrow and am in need of some quick advice.

My PTSD and anxiety symptoms come and go and it's usually unexpected AKA not knowing when it will hit or how severe the symptoms may be or how long symptoms will last. I haven't told my Psych how much I struggled this summer because the symptoms were not unbearable or unmanageable, but now with school my symptoms are severe.

I like idea of having something to take when I feel anxiety/an anxiety attack coming on or to have a safety net to take prior to any big stressful events that I know would make me very anxious to curb those symptoms. I do not think at this point I need something to take one regularly like I do every night with my bipolar meds, but I would still consider it if my Pdoc suggested it.

Does this sound reasonable to address with my Pdoc? Am I missing anything? What medications can I look into to bring up with her? My biggest issue is that the PTSD comes and goes so much there's no pattern, really, so I'm hoping there would be a medication I can have on hand to take when symptoms are severe and can take as needed, not so much reliant on building up to a level or once I've built up to a level that it hits me hard if I don't take it regularly.

Thank you!

Last edited by LiteraryLark; Oct 15, 2019 at 03:26 PM..
LiteraryLark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist, kitties