View Single Post
bpcyclist
Legendary

Member Since Sep 2019
40.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 15, 2019 at 03:39 PM

I used to have quite a bit more anxiety than I do now and panic attacks from time to time. We tried several things. I'll start with what didn't work for me: buspar. It just never seemed to do a thing, even though I was on it for quite awhile. Noticed nothing when I stopped it, so, there you go. I know some people use Seroquel and I did, too, but I just don't think it was very helpful for my anxiety. It used to zonk me, so there was that. But as for actually addressing the anxiety/panic situation, I don't think so. Stopped it, too, but for a different reason. The one thing that worked reliably well for me was Klonopin. Definitely helped my anxiety. The problem for me was, it seemed to make my depression worse and it tended to knock me out. Not everyone has these reactions, of course. But this is how it was for me. Ativan also worked for me, but it is obviously much shorter acting.

I haven't kept up on the anxiety research world at all. There may be some latest and greatest, I don' know. Whatever the case, I do think you are wise to try and have something on hand for when you begin to get really uncomfortable. That's just good planning to me.

Hugs from:
kitties

Thanks for this!
kitties, LiteraryLark