View Single Post
Hummingbirdlvr

Member Since May 2018
1 hugs
given
Default Oct 16, 2019 at 09:33 AM

Hi, I am in a long distance relationship. I am 65 and he is 67. Our relationship has been up and down. WE started out being in the same state and he visited when he had days off. Unfortunately, he went to visit his family in Puerto Rico and was forced (by circumstances) into taking care of his brother who is very ill.

We kept up on our relationship and he visited me for about a week but had to return. Plans were for him to come back here and finish out his work then retire. Plans were made and we were to move in together. That did not come to fruition. He went back to check on his brother and supposedly things got worse for him there.

He has to work, but his brother's illness (Cancer) has kept him there. He doesn't know for sure when he will be able to leave. I am here trying to hold on to the relationship because I Love him. Problem wit that is I don't know how long I should wait. This is a problem with Long Distance relationships. It turns into more of a friendship. Waiting too long can make you bitter.

Last edited by CANDC; Oct 16, 2019 at 12:06 PM.. Reason: Old post put in own thread
Hummingbirdlvr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, bpcyclist, unaluna

Thanks for this!
Skeezyks