View Single Post
Seahound

Member Since Oct 2019
5 hugs
given
Default Oct 16, 2019 at 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverse View Post
Learnable? God I hope so. I've come to accept that warmth is something I will permanently lack. I'm not the type of person that exudes warmth. I tend to come off as aggressive if you don't know me, until you get to know me. Then you realize I don't give a ***** and you were right about me. This is not something I'm proud of. I hate blaming things on the past but the experiences you go through in life can make you this way, if you let them I guess. We have a lot of growing to do. Are you trying to be more warm and connected to people? Let me know what's working for you.
I relate to this. I have come to realize that my attachment style is insecure/avoidant except to my kids. I tend to see everyone as abstract art on a shelf that I like. I occasionally take them down and enjoy myself but put them back . The fact that I can attach to my kids is proof I am capable.

Our past molded us , for good or bad. It is up to us now to do the work to become the person we want to be.

I'm on a path and by no means have I figured it all out. The better version of me I am, the easier it is for me to connect with others. I'm not a heart on my sleeve person either, but I so desperately want real connections in my life.
Seahound is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
eskielover, Fuzzybear

Thanks for this!
HD7970GHZ