View Single Post
Anonymous42119

Default Oct 16, 2019 at 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewed View Post
I want to go off my birth control after being on it for 9 years. I am on it for PMDD. But a few weeks ago I got an unscheduled period and ever since I’ve had this massive appetite and I’ve put on almost 20 pounds. this started right when I got that period. I set up an appointment for next Monday with my doctor but I’m wondering if I’ll lose the weight I put on or just lose weight in general if I go off birth control? Will my breasts get smaller? They got huge when I went on the pill.
@Mountaindewed

Regarding the weight changes, you'd have to ask your doctor about that, or look up the birth control pill type online to see what would happen.

Also, 20 pounds is a lot of weight to gain in such a short period of time; it could be that there are other conditions going on. I'd ask your OB/GYN and primary care physician where the weight gain came from, and about the change of birth control..

There might be alternatives for PMDD.

I've never been diagnosed with it, but I can definitely see changes in my emotions ONLY 10 days before a few days after my period; two weeks of hell every month! It may not be as serious as PMDD, or maybe it is PMDD that I struggle with, but the shrinks sure rather blame it on individual problems or PTSD than something biological. Anyway, I'd ask what your alternatives are in terms of an alternative med for PMDD instead of birth control.

Hope these suggestions help. I don't know much about any of these things though.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Mountaindewed