View Single Post
sugahorse1
Upwards and Onwards!

Member Since Mar 2010
309 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 17, 2019 at 03:06 AM

Hi IZ- There are gym classes at the community center. Massage Studio. Weight Loss program. A lot of the social activities are during the day while I am working, but in the evenings I could choose between:
Pilates on a Mon (Could give this a go)
Bridge on a Thurs (No idea how to play that)
Bingo on a Tues (I could give this a bash)
Bowls on a Tuesday (I could give this a bash)
Model Railway Club on a Tues (Not me!)

I've gone to sit in the pub, but don't really get to start a conversation there.
I have joined a Whatsapp group for the local dog lovers to try get together to walk the dogs, but mostly that's also during the day while I'm working.

Meeting people is half the issue, but dealing with the emotions around what I've left behind, is another. And this is where I am struggling a lot. I need to try get it into my head that relationships are still pretty similar, even if they are not physical but just via message or phonecall. Can't get my head around that and feel like I am mourning the loss of all my friendships

Current dx: Bipolar Disorder Unspecified

Current Meds: Epitec (Lamotrigine) 300mg, Solian 50mg, Seroquel 25mg PRN, Metformin 500mg, Klonopin prn
sugahorse1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Innerzone, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky