View Single Post
bpcyclist
Legendary

Member Since Sep 2019
40.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 17, 2019 at 07:41 AM

Wow. I thought this kind of stuff only happened at American companies. So sorry you are having to deal with this, I truly am.

In 2001, I had just come back from the hospital (4 months there). This was the first time my partners were aware of my illness. Nobody welcomed me back. Nobody tried to make me feel comfortable after having been gone for so long. Instead, I soon began receiving a series of emails questioning the quality of my work from my chairman. There were a couple meetings. It was plain to see he was trying to get rid of me. They were obviously discriminating against me. My work was excellent, if I do say so myself. It was an unpleasant time. I finally just left. It wasn't worth trying to work in a discriminatory environment. I didn't need them. I went out on my own and my career exploded, in a good way. Turns out, that department chairman who was so mean to me was just holding me back from what I was really capable of. I find that amusing.

So, what I am saying to you is, as awful as the current situation is for you, this may represent a really good opportunity for you to find something more to you liking. Please don't forget that. That supposedly world-famous department I was part of, it was doing nothing positive for me. So, I went out and did something positive for myself. It worked out better than I ever could have hoped for. Hang in there. This will get better, one way or the other. And I would definitely start quietly looking around for another place to land. If things don't work out where you are now, you're going to need it. Sending you positive vibes. All the best.

Hugs from:
rechu, Turtle_Rider

Thanks for this!
mrsselig, rechu