LilyMop
Veteran Member

Member Since Sep 2019
81 hugs
given
Default Oct 17, 2019 at 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoretical View Post
I do. And for the most part, she tends to avoid me. When we do interact, she's far more polite with me than she is with the others. But...

This doesn't happen. When Natalie was with the group, the dynamic changed almost immediately, and the whole group began calling out Regina's ********. I could've done that from the start, but no, I'm trying to be less controlling for some stupid reason.

I'm only saying that maybe there are situations which make it necessary for one to be controlling, and maybe I shouldn't have held back.

What a twat. It's good you told her off.

I have a feeling Regina has already started a smear campaign on me. And everyone else. She's the type of person who will constantly make snide comments about people behind their back, usually about little things that no one else would've noticed otherwise, and oftentimes aren't even true.

Yeah, I think I've gone too far in the opposite direction.

I have no problem politely making my point and then leaving it be - when it's only between me and Regina. When other people are involved, however, I'm inclined toward manipulation and controlling behavior in order to get the pawns on my side. And there's no winning in this game. If I succeed, Regina will vie for control by demeaning the others into submission, and then her and I will get into a screaming match. If I fail, then I'll either get into a screaming match with Regina or refer to the others as morons for listening to her. It can get ugly really quickly. Moreover, I'm hesitant to argue on behalf of the others, even if she's being flat-out emotionally abusive towards them, because then it feels like I'm trying to control them just as much as she is. Which I kinda am.

Well I’ll say this. You’re honest and I appreciate that. I really do. It’s refreshing to see someone say the truth, with no excuses. I think you will make improvements with the behaviors that you want to change but I suspect at times people will irritate you so much you won’t want to bother trying. That’s the hard part. People....
LilyMop is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Chyialee